Monday, May 9, 2011

Fridge Memo Board

Ok so I can not take credit for this at all, I found the idea online, but for the life of me cannot remember where. Was it a blog? not sure, but anyway I gave it a try and here's how it turned out.




I took a thrift store bulletin board, which was cute in it's own, someone had covered it in fabric and with rick rack diamonds made a message center, problem was, that's just wasn't my style, and it was getting worn.
So I removed their handy work, spray painted the frame of the bulletin board black with plastic spray paint. I first tried a black I had on hand, but it didn't want to stick, so I went back to the hardware store for some plastic paint.

Then I cut a piece of fabric about 1/2" bigger than the cork in the bulletin board, sprayed the back with fabric glue, smoothed out the fabric, and used a butter knife to push the edges under the frame. 
You could add a ribbon to the back of this and hang it from the wall, I magnetized it to the fridge at the door entry, now all our messages are all in one place. I also keep my husbands schedule there as it changes all the time.

you can find me here


No comments:

Post a Comment