Monday, June 20, 2011

Baseball Flower Tutorial

 Ok, this is my first tutorial of sorts, I am a visual person for the most part, but this just seemed to explain itself, so I hope there is enough detail. You start with a baseball/softball, these are all softballs. Use a seam ripper to cut all the stitching and you will have pieces shown in the above picture.
 Next, stack three pieces together to get a flower shape, you could use more, baseballs might require it to fill in space. Then using a leather needle tool I added a decorative button and on this one a broken earring.
The second one I used a vintage shoe clip, your imagination is the limit, use anything to make a pretty center, these would be cute on a wall, added to a bulletin board or picture frame

linking up to The Brambleberry Cottage
 
Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial, Crystal! Your softball flowers are terrific. I love the time-worn patina and your choice of embellishments.

    Sorry it has taken so long to visit. But the good news is, I just joined you as a follower and am featuring you tonight. Be sure to stop by to see.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! My son-in-law is a baseball coach, so I have a ready supply of used baseballs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are WAY cute... i'm going to go start stealing baseballs... LOLOLOL

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete